REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" BELOW
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE (Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application)
3. Application (click on this link, print and present at the Legion).
3. Membership Dues $50.00, over 65 is $40.00. Make checks payable to American Legion Post 29 DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be in the clubroom if you want your card mailed include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your renewal or application form.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following
Completed Member Data Form , COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE and COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates above and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.